We would like to extend a very warm welcome to all students and their families considering joining the Murtoa College community. Enrolments in Years 7-12 are open through all year.
Why choose Murtoa College?
- Small classes
- Outstanding academic growth and achievement
- An education grounded in deep community connections
- Unique F-12 culture in a rural setting
- Pastoral Care – we are well renowned for providing a caring and supportive learning environment
7-12 Curriculum – click below for more detail on our curriculum and offerings
Student Growth – NAPLAN
Murtoa College students continue to demonstrate exceptional growth over the past few years. Our dedicated staff are committed to ensuring every child achieves to the best of their ability. Staff employ evidence based teaching approaches that are shown to have the greatest effect on student outcomes. Combined with well resourced learning areas and highly supportive environment our students GROW!
Did you know that in 2017-19 and 2016-18 our Year 7 students grew ABOVE state average in all NAPLAN test domains?
Murtoa College prides itself on enabling and supporting students of all abilities and backgrounds to achieve their preferred pathway during the senior years. At Murtoa College, we realise that not everyone wants to go onto further study. that’s why work tirelessly to provide a variety of different pathways for students through our VCE, VET and VCAL programs.
- Our Focus – To seek the best for and from every student.
- Our Commitment – To improve achievement and wellbeing outcomes for all students so they have the skills and attributes to pursue their goals.
Why choose Murtoa College for Years 11 & 12?
- Small Classes
- It is not uncommon for many of our VCE classes to be between 4-8 students. In some cases as little as 2 students may be in a class. The ability of staff to work closely with our students during these years is the envy of many schools.
- Huge subject choice for small school
- We staff many classes with low numbers that just wouldn’t run in other schools. Where we cannot provide face-to-face teaching, we actively network with other local schools and Distance Education Centre Victoria to provide a depth of subject choice.
- Completion Rates
- Extremely high successful completion rates and successful entry to further pathways. We consistently have 100% of school leavers going onto Further Study, Traineeships, Apprenticeships or work.
- Pastoral Care
- Murtoa College has a proven ability to provide academic and personal enrichment for all students.